Our Common St. store is now open, Mon – Fri, 8 am to 3 pm.
- Pool Supply Sales (Card Only)
- For Service, Maintenance, or Repairs, please email Repairs@SabinePools.com
We worked hard to open the store for you, with limited services, because we know you need expert advice and good quality chemicals. Bring a water sample or picture of your pool when you come in. Rest assured, we are here to help!
As we work to rebuild after Hurricane Laura, let’s first establish a few “don’ts”:
- Do not drain your pool, especially in wet soil.
- Do not turn on your pool equipment without first checking electrical systems and components.
- Do not use your pool cleaner until you have removed all large debris. Failure to do so can clog your cleaner.
- Do not run your pump without paying attention to the filter and skimmer.
So, now, on to the “do’s”:
- Make sure the breakers are off until you are ready to power up the equipment.
- Remove as much physical debris as possible.
- Clear all skimmer and pump baskets of debris and check their integrity.
- If necessary, remove excess water from the pool.
- if you have supplies, you can use floaters with chlorine tablets (the more, the better). You can also add a quick dissolve shock-like Smart Shock (1 lb per 12,000 gal) or Super Soluble (1 lb per 10,000 gal) or BioGuard Chlorinating Liquid (1 gallon per 10,000 gal). Then brush the pool sides and bottom to circulate product and clean walls.
- Clean or replace pool filter or filter media. Proper filtration will be essential to cleaning the water. Plan on cleaning the filter or media again after you are able to treat the pool water.
- Once power is restored, begin preliminary cleaning: Vacuum the pool bottom (ideally, vacuum to waste).
- Monitor the filter pressure gauge for proper operation, and backwash the filter when needed.
- Brush the pool walls and continue monitoring filtration.
- Test, super chlorinate and balance the pool water.
We’ve been here, serving SWLA since 1975, and like you, we look forward to better days ahead – and good times in the pool! In the meantime, we are so thankful for our hard-working, dedicated staff, and we can’t wait to see you all again!